10.30.2013

Batter day and other news

Seriously, Fall here is basically amazing.  This is up at Sundance. A few months ago we started a chinn family tradition. Saturdays are "batter day" and I make pancakes. Then we head up the canyon and explore,walk, hike around a different spot each weekend. I'm sooo happy we went to Sundance when we did. Holy rainbow of trees! I love this tradition!


I also started watching my adorable tiny niece Callie each day. Here she is all bundled up in a swaddler I learned to make recently. I love these things! And that fabric! Little H can't get enough of her. 

 He wants to hug and squeeze her all the time, "bay-bee bay bee!!" It's really cute until he ends up squishing her or laying on her or something.
 I've been busy painting lately, trying to build up a few pieces I can start an etsy shop with. I'm getting great feedback from people and it's really inspired me to do this. I wanted to before, but you had to pay a monthly fee. That kind of scared me away. But  now it's 20 cents an item you list and that sounds very reasonable to me!
 My husband is in the process of building me an "art" desk. He built me an awesome computer desk that went through many, ahem, changes.  It was supposed to be an art AND computer desk...That wasn't too great for him, but in the end it turned out great. Thanks honey! I'll have pictures of that later. For now I spread out on the kitchen table, which makes it hard to have meals there and therefore I have to pick it all up to eat...sigh. Soon I hope that won't be a problem anymore due to some rearranging in our bedroom. Cannot wait.

There he is, my handy man working on my desk :)


 And just for because he makes me laugh...Little h gets himself into all kinds of places. Oh I love that boy.